Suyagad ang sutra second srutaskand second chapter describes how a jeev acquires in all 4 gatis(existences)
karman vargana pudgal by activities of mind,speech and body undergoes suffering(dhand). SUFFERING includes both feeling(anubhavanti) and knowing(vidhanti). The sangnin(with mind and reasoning) beings feel and know, the siddhas only knows, beings with no mind and reason-less only feel, things without life neither knows nor feels. There are 13 kinds of activity out of which 12 are samparayiki and the 13Th is iriyapathki. The 12 are unworthy i.e. when oneSELF is in a state of agitation(anupsanth) and the 13th is when the self is in equanimity(upsanth). It is explained as follows:
1. Suffering undergone out of self interest- This in particular has a motive for he thinks one has to provide for his family, relatives etc. Thereby kills and injures living beings both movable and immovable or gets it done or consents to the act.
2. Suffering without personal interest- This is without motive out of habit of cruelty and becomes a wanton killer. Eg: hunting as a sport.
3. Suffering by slaying- Through apprehension one maybe hurt, or is being hurt, or will be hurt by himself or for others and hence kills movable and immovable beings, gets it done or consents.
4. Suffering by accident- This is by mistake thinking one being for other.
5. Suffering through error of sight- Eg: Mistaking an innocent for a robber
6. Suffering by lying- For his own sake or for others.
7. Suffering by theft- Taking what is not freely given.
8. Suffering by conceit- When a being is in a state of melancholy, sorry, angry, anxious, worrying, in thoughts and planning and plotting.
9. Suffering through pride- When one is proud of caste, family, beauty, piety, knowledge, success, power, intelligence(the 8 madhasthans), he blames, abuses, reviles, despises, stubborn and fickle minded.
10.Suffering through bad treatment of friends and relatives- Living with one's relations, always punishing physically which he thinks is a mistake, extorting. When such a person is at home the relatives are miserable and when he's abroad they rejoice.
11. Suffering through deceit- When one conceals intentions, uses 2 kinds of speech which are unworthy, when asked one thing they answer another, maayashalya, and never in pure leshya. Malpractice in austerities and pennants. Blames and reviles whom he has deceived, and offering defenses for cruel actions.
12. Suffering because of greed- Through speech which is both true and untrue and acquires parigraha through secret rites.
13. Activity related to religious life- Acquires karman even when one practices 5 samitis and 3 guptis but the karman comes in contact in the 1st moment(samaya), in the 2nd it is experienced and 3rd it is destroyed. For all practical purposes the one is said to be exempt from karman.
All Arihants of past, present and future have declared, declare, will declare these 13 kinds of acquiring karmanvargana pudgal.!